Wednesday 15 September 2010

Commitment Poem


Commitment Poem

I commit to an ambition
For my relationship with you
To strive to always together
Equal more than the sum of our parts

I commit to being really interested
In learning to understand you
At a deep fundamental level
And to communicate from that place.

To be intuitively connected,
To speak without words
A language only we two understand
I commit to being the champion

Of your strengths and uniqueness
As well as the guardian of your
Sensitivities and weaknesses
Your dreams, your vulnerabilities

And your greatest qualities
I commit to holding you
In the highest esteem
And vow never to allow you

To stop learning and growing
As a person everyday
And I commit to challenging you
At every step of the way

To be the very best that you can be
I commit to helping you see
Your blind spots and showing you
How to shine a light on them

And guide you through gently
With understanding and kindness
Acceptance and patience
I commit to finding the joy

In learning together
And never seeing the work to make it work
As a chore, but a blessing
And every crisis an opportunity

To strengthen and reaffirm
The connection between us
I commit to choosing you
For the journey

Not just the destination
For my family, our legacy
And my best friend.
I commit to being

Your reference point and your port
Your dock, your anchor,
Your freedom, your rock
And your soft place to fall.

I commit to do my utmost to love you
With the whole of my heart
I make this commitment to you
Until death do us part.

Priscilla Sim
Copyright 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment