Thursday 9 August 2012

Cosmo interview


I was interviewed for Cosmopolitan Magazine's 'So You Think You Want My Job' page this week. 

There was quite a team that turned up to the Relate offices consisting of the journalist, make up artist, picture editor, photographer and photographer's assistant.

The interview was quite quick and lasted about half an hour. As the make up artist got to work on my hair, face and nails, the journalist asked me to hold a voice recorder and asked me lots of questions about my work at Relate as well as my work at ChildLine and the baby swimming classes I teach.

The photo shoot was quite a bit longer and lasted about an hour and a half. We shot 3 different outfits and quite a few different looks, both inside a therapy room and outside the Relate building. It seemed like we had to take a lot of pictures just to get one good shot, but the team assured me, this was normal and this was actually a very chilled out shoot. 

As we set up shots and posed for pictures, we all began talking about our own relationships and thoughts about couples counselling. It seems that when it comes to relationships, this is a subject that is of universal interest and affects us all... 

The article will be coming out in Cosmopolitan's November Relationship Special Edition and will be available from the 1st of October 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, just heard that the article has been pushed to February's edition for Valentines as they were not able to fit it into November. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete